Quidel Sofia 2 Fluorescent Immunoassay Analyzer
Quidel Sofia 2 Fluorescent Immunoassay Analyzer collects hundreds of data points on the test strip and can provide results in 15 minutes.
All payments are Protected. Your data are secure
Free Worldwide Shipping for order over $300
30-Day Warranty and get all your money back.
Quidel Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA as a rapid point-of-care test with the Sofia 2 fluorescent immunoassay analyzer. It can produce results in 15 minutes.
Sofia 2 is a benchtop analyzer that uses advanced fluorescence detection with an ultraviolet LED power source. Sofia 2 collects hundreds of data points on the test strip contained within a Sofia FIA test cassette. It uses proprietary algorithms to analyze data, interpret signals, and automatically determine results to show an objective result.
Sofia 2 offers an easy-to-use interface, customizable settings, flexible workflow. Results are automatically reported on the screen and stored in Sofia 2, optionally printed on an external printer. Sofia 2 has two modes that can be used depending on your workflow requirements.
Quidel Sofia 2 Immunoassay Analyzer
Easy-to-use interface, customizable settings, barcode technology, flexible workflow, etc., are crucial aspects needed from an analyzer. If you are also looking for one, the Quidel Sofia 2 Immunoassay Analyzer is what you need. Pairing advanced technology with proprietary algorithms, this analyzer is fairly exceptional at what it does. The following is a brief about this machine and its benefits.
“The EUA for our Sofia 2 SARS Antigen FIA allows us to arm our healthcare workers and first responders with a frontline solution for COVID-19 diagnosis, accelerating the time to diagnosis and potential treatment of COVID-19 for the patient,” Quidel CEO Douglas Bryant said in a May 8 news release.
Sofia 2 Specifications:
The Quidel Sofia 2 analyzer provides together the following specifications.
- Dimensions – 22l x 12w x 12h cm
- Weight – 2 lbs.
- Battery – Li Po Rechargeable
- Display – LCD touchscreen
- Temperature – 15-30 degrees
- Power supply input: 100-240 VAC, 50-60 Hz, self-switching (U.S./ International), 2.93
- Analyzer input: 7.5V DC 2.5A
- Replacement battery: LiPo rechargeable
- Display: 4-inch color LCD touchscreen
- LAN interface: RJ45 connector
- Operating temperature: 15C to 30C/59F to 86F
- Operating humidity: 20% to 85% RH non condensing
- Operating altitude: 2000 m maximum
- Shipping and storage temperature: 20C to 55C
- Shipping and storage humidity: 20% to 85% RH non condensing
- Patient test result storage: 1000 tests maximum
- QC results in storage: 200 results maximum
- Calibration results storage: 200 results maximum
Features of Sofia 2:
Quidel Sofia 2 has several features in store that account for its remarkable performance. Some crucial features are as follows:
1. Automated Results:
This Immunoassay analyzer specializes in generating automated results. These are displayed on the screen, sent to Virena, or can be taken as a printout. The emphasis here is the elimination of operator-operator variability that is usually associated with the interpretation of visually-read test results.
2. Data Management:
This analyzer machine is efficient in managing the test results and all the relevant data. The users can choose any of the following ways to store and manage this information.
- Virena wireless connectivity
- USB storage mechanism that provides PC storing and analysis
- QC, test, and calibration results stored on-board
- External printing through a printer for hard copies of the stored data
All the choices remain the same for every test, be it small or a lengthy one.
3. User Interface and Security:
This is probably the best thing about this analyzer machine. It uses intuitive software that is convenient, fast, and performs rapid operations to navigate between stored information or run a particular patient’s samples. Moreover, it provides options to the users to set access rights and prevent unauthorized use of the machine. This way, you have instantaneous data which is in safe hands.
Sofia 2 Advantages:
Sofia 2 Immunoassay analyzer provides a mammoth of advantages to the supervisors and the patients simultaneously.
- It uses advanced fluorescent technology for optimum performance.
- It comes with two development modes to provide flexibility and specific demands based on the workflow.
- Its Walk Away automation feature eliminates the need for the supervisors and operators to wait for the test results.
- Its barcode technology reduces errors and runtime recorded during manual patient recordings.
- It comes with a replaceable and long-lasting battery. A single charge of this analyzer can cover a significant time.
- Its Walk Away mode is convenient for analyzing a patient’s sample, and the Read Now mode eases the reading of multiple patients’ samples.
- This analyzer specializes in using proprietary algorithms for data analysis and signal interpretation. This helps determine the necessary results automatically and saves so much time.
- The supervisors can either display the test information on the screen or let the Sofia 2 store it within its memory.
- This machine also provides hard copies of the data. It provides external connectivity through which the users can connect to a printer and generate the hardcopies when needed.
How to use Quidel Sofia 2
Delayed reading mode (Walk-Away)
The sample is incubated on the analyzer, and the result is read automatically.
Immediate reading mode
The sample is incubated on the counter using an external timer and subsequently introduced into the equipment to read the result. This method works for high sample volumes.
SARS-CoV-2. Sofia SARS Antigen FIA,
The SARS Sofia Fluorescent Antigen Immunoassay (FIA) uses advanced lateral flow technology based on immunofluorescence in a sandwich design for the qualitative detection of the SARS-CoV-2 nucleocapsid protein. With the Sofia 2 and Sofia analyzers, Sofia SARS Antigen FIA provides automated and objective results in 15 minutes, enabling testing of suspected COVID-19/2019-nCoV patients in testing environments close to patients.
- Sofia 2 Analyzer
- 1 - Calibration Cassette Pouch
- 1 - Preinstalled LiPo (Lithium Polymer) Rechargeable Battery
- 1 - Power Adapter
- 1 Year Warranty
- Sofia Influenza A + B - 25 Tests
- Sofia RSV - 25 Tests
- Sofia Strep A - 25 Tests
- Sofia SARS Antigen FIA - 25 Tests
- Sofia Lyme - 25 Tests