Beckman Coulter DxH 800 Hematology Analyzer System
Beckman Coulter DxH 800 is an automatic hematology analyzer with a high volume and powerful machine for research and experiments.
All payments are Protected. Your data are secure
Free Worldwide Shipping for order over $300
30-Day Warranty and get all your money back.
Beckman Coulter DxH 800 uses only five reagents for all analyses, including NRBC and reticulocytes, saving costs by reducing inventory management. Each work cell can comprise up to three DxH 800 modules and one Slidemaker Slidestainer (the UniCel DxH 2401) to form scalable and customized workflow solutions. The UniCel DxH 2401 configuration can analyze up to 300 samples and 140 slides per hour at peak performance.
What is the Beckman Coulter DxH 800?
The Beckman Coulter DxH 800 is an automatic hematology analyzer from the American medical company Beckman Coulter. This high volume and powerful machine is the answer to all your hematological research and experiments. With the DxH 800, you are capable of extracting information about individual cell structure and size.
It is a reliable, durable, and efficient machine built for tech labs and hospitals. But there is more to this unit. Keep reading below to find out.
Overview of the DxH 800
The unit comes with its own Data Management System, which includes the monitor and printer. A floor stand (optional) is included in the package as well. This device weighs around 260 pounds and stands at the height of 96.50 cm with a 78 cm thickness of 76 cm width. It is pretty tall compared to other units of the same class.
The DxH also comes with a vast storage system to save up to 40,000 patient records, including graphics. Furthermore, it can connect with three more DxH units for increased efficiency. The open/closed vial gives us a Sample Volume capacity of 165 µl.
Beckman Coulter DxH 800, with its advanced algorithm technology, can better analyze nucleated red blood cells (NRBC), white blood cells (WBC), and reticulocytes. It has yielded improved results in precisely detecting the presence of NRBCs. Furthermore, it provides clear-cut PLT and WBC counts as well.
Now let us take a look closer look at the primary and technical features of this analyzing unit.
Primary and external features
- The DxH makes sample storage easy with twenty cassettes, each with a closely packed five-tube system.
- It comes with a hand-held barcode scanner for reading labels on specimen tubes.
- The aspiration volume in the open/closed vial system has a reduced volume of 165 µl. This allows the DxH 800 to take in smaller sample volumes.
- The LCD flat panel has touch screen capabilities. And the computer runs on a Microsoft Windows XP operating system along with the DxH software.
- An optional floor with four separate compartments can store reagents and waste in well-packed containers.
- The automatic throughput system is capable of producing 100 blood sample analyses in one hour.
- It can determine up to 29 parameters, including WBC, RBC, HGB, UWBC, PLT, etc.
- The auto-rerun and reflex testing minimize Turn Around Time (TAT).
- A unique flow cell design can measure more light scatter, which boosts data collection and flow for multiple sample analysis.
- The DxH 800 has another unique correction feature. This feature allows users to acquire precise RBC parameters in the presence of leukocytosis.
- Depth: 31"
- Height: 38"
- Width: 30"
- Weight: 260 lbs
- Sample Volume: Open/Closed Vial: 165 µL
- CBC Results: WBC, UWBC, RBC, HGB, HCT, MCV, MCH, MCHC, RDW, RDW-SD, PLT, MPV
- Differential Results (absolute and %): NE, LY, MO, EO, BA, NRBC, NE#, LY#, MO#, EO#, BA#, NRBC#
- Reticulocyte Results (absolute and %): RET, RET#, MRV, IRF
- Power Consumption: 1,185 W
- Power Requirements: 100–264 VAC and 48–62 HZ
- Whole Blood Performance - Measuring Range
- WBC: 0.000 - 400.000 X 103 µL
- RBC: 0.000 - 8.500 X 106 µL
- HGB: 0.00 - 25.50 g/dL
- MCV: 50.00 - 150.00 fL
- PLT: 0.0 - 3,000.0 X 103 µL
- NRBC: 0.00 - 600.00/100 WBC
- Retic: 0.000 - 30.000 %
- Data Management
- Database: 40,000 patient results with graphics
- Quality Assurance: QC with Levey-Jennings Graph, XB/XM for Moving Averages, Daily Check, Intelligent Quality Monitoring
- Sample Transport Capabilities
- Capacity: 20 five-tube cassettes
- Bar Codes: Digital Bar Code with 2D Bar Code capability
- Sample ID: Up to 22 characters
How does the Beckman Coulter DxH 800 Operate?
The DxH uses the Coulter Method and VCS technology for accurate reading of cell structure and size.
For Complete Blood Count (CBC) analysis, the following steps are followed:
- The aspiration pump takes in 165 µl of the sample.
- After removing the probe, the aspiration pump takes in the blood through the BSV pathway. The BSV transfers the samples and diluents to the WBC and RBC apertures baths.
- In the WBC bath, ~6.0 ml of diluent and ~28 µl of sample mixes with ~1.08 ml of cell lyse for final dilation of 1:251. Meanwhile, in the RBC bath, ~10 ml of diluent and ~1.6 µl of the sample is mixed, giving us a final dilation of 1:6250
The DxH 800 requires a current of 100-264 V of AC and 48-62 Hz. It consumes about 1,185 Watts of power, depending on the workload.
The DxH 800 has all the features that customers would want. It is the answer to all your research and scientific needs. Overall, it is a well-built device for small labs and even large hospitals.
- Pneumatic Vacuum Supply
- Beckman Coulter DxH Cellular Analysis Systems Cell Lyse, 1 x 5 L 628019
- ASSY REMANUFACTURED ASSY SCA DXH 800
- Beckman Coulter DxH Cleaner (10L)
- Beckman Coulter Body Fluid Control (4 x 3.5 mL) (Box of 12)
- Beckman Coulter 6C Cell Control (4 x 3.5 mL) (Box of 12)
- Range of tests
- Time per analysis
- Reagent supply
- Sample size and microsampling
- Accuracy, precision, and linearity
- Maintenance, calibration, and QC
- Results analysis and storage
- 1-Year Warranty